Ecosystem Task Force Subcommittees
The work of the Ecosystem Task Force is carried out by the various subcommittees. They are organized and lead by EcoTF members, but are made up of a variety of faculty, staff and students from across campus who are vital to accomplishing the subcommittees' goals. If you are interested in working on a particular project or area, please contact the appropriate subcommittee chair or email the Ecosystem Task Force!
The goals and areas of focus of the EcoTF's subcommittees change over time as needed to fulfill the mission of the Task Force. The current list of subcommittees is given below.
Natural Resources Inventory
Goal: Make recommendations about the long-term, future use of the UNH College Woods. If the recommendations include designation of all or a portion of the College Woods as green space, identify a boundary delineating the area to remain undeveloped.
Chair: Tom Lee
Development Boundaries & Smart Growth Issues
Goal: Make recommendations about the long-term land development needs of the University.
Chair: Paul Chamberlin
Water Supply & Usage
Goal: Make recommendations about the long-term viability of the UNH/Durham water supply.
Chairs: Dave Cedarholm & Tom Ballestero
Goal: Examine issues of infrastructure, stormwater management, toxics reduction, and other issues related to protection of the College Brook and Pettee Brook.
Chair: Bill McDowell
Integrated Waste Management
Goal: Evaluate the waste streams and waste management systems of the university and make recommendations for increasing diversion and improving minimization efforts.
- About Us
- Faculty Fellows
- Task forces
- Ecosystem Task Force
- Energy Task Force
- Sustainable Food System Task Force
- Culture and Sustainability Task Force
- UNH sustainability awards
- Defining Sustainability
- Our Work
- Academic Programs and Courses
- Culture & Sustainability Discussion Group
- Dual Major in Sustainability
- Ecology and Ethnicity: Sustainability Studies' Contribution to Place 2013 Summer Seminar
- Liberal Arts & Sustainability Faculty Grants
- Student Events
- Student Organizations
- Study Abroad
- Sustainability Teaching Resources
- Commissions on GLBT, Women, People of Color, and People With Disabilities
- Dining & food
- Ecoline & cogeneration
- Energy Efficiency Fund
- Energy saving tips
- Energy use in UNH buildings
- Environmental health & safety
- Green computing
- Greenhouse gas emissions inventories
- Healthy UNH
- Inclusive excellence
- Moveout recycling & donations
- Printing & paper
- Sustainability Stewards
- Virtual energy efficient dorm room
- Waste, recycling & composting
- Water conservation & quality
- WildCAP, UNH's Climate Action Plan
- UNH Faculty Sustainability Course and Research Survey
- Sustainability Research Collaboratory
- UNH Faculty Sustainability Research Inventory
- UNH Programs, Centers and Institutes Related to Sustainability
- UNH Research Office
- Data collection and reporting
- News & Events
- Get involved!