Ben Trolio '13 - Profile in Sustainability
Tell us about “Ride for the Future” this summer.
I will be biking 1000 miles from New Orleans, Louisiana, to Irving, Texas, to ask ExxonMobil to give their fossil fuel subsidies back to Gulf Coast communities. The richest company in world's history needs to be accountable for their actions. This project is an extension of what I did last summer through the New England Climate Summer when I biked over 1100 miles throughout New Hampshire in support of local communities and their sustainability efforts.
Why should students care about climate change?
Students should care about climate change because we eat food and drink water. Climate change will damage food production and will redistribute water resources.
What motivates you personally to be involved in sustainability?
I am motivated to be sustainable because it is the most important thing I could be doing with my life. I cannot ask other people to change their habits if I am not doing it myself.
- About Us
- Faculty Fellows
- Task forces
- Ecosystem Task Force
- Energy Task Force
- Sustainable Food System Task Force
- Culture and Sustainability Task Force
- UNH sustainability awards
- Defining Sustainability
- Our Work
- Academic Programs and Courses
- Culture & Sustainability Discussion Group
- Dual Major in Sustainability
- Ecology and Ethnicity: Sustainability Studies' Contribution to Place 2013 Summer Seminar
- Liberal Arts & Sustainability Faculty Grants
- Student Events
- Student Organizations
- Study Abroad
- Sustainability Teaching Resources
- Commissions on GLBT, Women, People of Color, and People With Disabilities
- Dining & food
- Ecoline & cogeneration
- Energy Efficiency Fund
- Energy saving tips
- Energy use in UNH buildings
- Environmental health & safety
- Green computing
- Greenhouse gas emissions inventories
- Healthy UNH
- Inclusive excellence
- Moveout recycling & donations
- Printing & paper
- Sustainability Stewards
- Virtual energy efficient dorm room
- Waste, recycling & composting
- Water conservation & quality
- WildCAP, UNH's Climate Action Plan
- UNH Faculty Sustainability Course and Research Survey
- Sustainability Research Collaboratory
- UNH Faculty Sustainability Research Inventory
- UNH Programs, Centers and Institutes Related to Sustainability
- UNH Research Office
- Data collection and reporting
- News & Events
- Get involved!