Corey Johnson '11 - Profile in Sustainability
How did you get involved in sustainability at UNH while an undergraduate student?
My interest and involvement with sustainability at UNH began in a course on global environmental change (ESCI 405) taught by Dr. Cameron Wake and Dr. Tom Kelly. Since then, it has been a pleasure to remain engaged with the UNH Sustainability Academy through research and internships that have substantially enriched the quality of my undergraduate experience.
What do you hope to do with your UNH degree after you graduate this May?
My four years at UNH have left me with a uniquely valuable perspective on sustainability as it relates to businesses and higher education. I'll be working as a Sustainability Research Analyst for Pax World Investments researching the environmental, social and governance performance of companies and securities considered for inclusion in Pax World’s portfolio and assisting in implementing Pax World’s shareholder advocacy, public policy and other initiatives.
What motivates you personally to be involved in sustainability?
Of all the magnificent and breathtaking things I've encountered in my life, my experiences in nature rise to the top as the most memorable and impactful. To me, sustainability is a framework for living our lives in a way that respects and preserves the natural wonders of our environment for generations to come.
- About Us
- Faculty Fellows
- Task forces
- Ecosystem Task Force
- Energy Task Force
- Sustainable Food System Task Force
- Culture and Sustainability Task Force
- UNH sustainability awards
- Defining Sustainability
- Our Work
- Academic Programs and Courses
- Culture & Sustainability Discussion Group
- Dual Major in Sustainability
- Ecology and Ethnicity: Sustainability Studies' Contribution to Place 2013 Summer Seminar
- Liberal Arts & Sustainability Faculty Grants
- Student Events
- Student Organizations
- Study Abroad
- Sustainability Teaching Resources
- Commissions on GLBT, Women, People of Color, and People With Disabilities
- Dining & food
- Ecoline & cogeneration
- Energy Efficiency Fund
- Energy saving tips
- Energy use in UNH buildings
- Environmental health & safety
- Green computing
- Greenhouse gas emissions inventories
- Healthy UNH
- Inclusive excellence
- Moveout recycling & donations
- Printing & paper
- Sustainability Stewards
- Virtual energy efficient dorm room
- Waste, recycling & composting
- Water conservation & quality
- WildCAP, UNH's Climate Action Plan
- UNH Faculty Sustainability Course and Research Survey
- Sustainability Research Collaboratory
- UNH Faculty Sustainability Research Inventory
- UNH Programs, Centers and Institutes Related to Sustainability
- UNH Research Office
- Data collection and reporting
- News & Events
- Get involved!