Laura Joseph '11 - Profile in Sustainability
Tell us about this year's Energy Waste Watch Challenge. What's one simple thing we can do on campus to save energy?
This year we will be competing in the Campus Conservation Nationals, running from November 1 to 19, against other colleges and universities in the nation to see who can reduce their energy and water usage the most. One simple thing we can do to save energy is turning off and unplugging -- or “powering down” -- unused appliances day or night.
Why should students get involved in the Ecological Advocates?
We are a small group looking to make a huge impact on our campus. Our focus is geared towards fostering student sustainable behavior, and we are always looking for new members to bring in new energy and ideas!
What motivates you personally to be involved in sustainability?
Ultimately, I am motivated by hope: hope that individual and collective action can bring about true sustainable change and hope that we can renew our ecological consciousness to create a relationship of respect, reverence, and stewardship for our planet.
- About Us
- Faculty Fellows
- Task forces
- Ecosystem Task Force
- Energy Task Force
- Sustainable Food System Task Force
- Culture and Sustainability Task Force
- UNH sustainability awards
- Defining Sustainability
- Our Work
- Academic Programs and Courses
- Culture & Sustainability Discussion Group
- Dual Major in Sustainability
- Ecology and Ethnicity: Sustainability Studies' Contribution to Place 2013 Summer Seminar
- Liberal Arts & Sustainability Faculty Grants
- Student Events
- Student Organizations
- Study Abroad
- Sustainability Teaching Resources
- Commissions on GLBT, Women, People of Color, and People With Disabilities
- Dining & food
- Ecoline & cogeneration
- Energy Efficiency Fund
- Energy saving tips
- Energy use in UNH buildings
- Environmental health & safety
- Green computing
- Greenhouse gas emissions inventories
- Healthy UNH
- Inclusive excellence
- Moveout recycling & donations
- Printing & paper
- Sustainability Stewards
- Virtual energy efficient dorm room
- Waste, recycling & composting
- Water conservation & quality
- WildCAP, UNH's Climate Action Plan
- UNH Faculty Sustainability Course and Research Survey
- Sustainability Research Collaboratory
- UNH Faculty Sustainability Research Inventory
- UNH Programs, Centers and Institutes Related to Sustainability
- UNH Research Office
- Data collection and reporting
- News & Events
- Get involved!