SEAC: Student Environmental Action Coalition
The Student Environmental Action Coalition is a group of students dedicated to bringing awareness and events surrounding sustainability to campus.
This group hosts events ranging from a movie night that might include Food Inc. or No Impact Man, to Solarfest, a free music event held in Boulder Field and run entirely on solar energy.
Trash 2 Treasure
Trash 2 Treasure is a subcommittee of SEAC that collects unwanted items from move out in May, to resell them at a huge yard sale in August for move-in weekend.
The approximate 6,000 students that live on campus (half the students that go to UNH) throw away about 25 tons of trash per month. However in May, that number rises dramatically to 105 tons due to move-out waste. in 2010, the University of New Hampshire had 13 extra 30-yard dumpsters delivered to campus just to handle move-out waste. The total cost to pay for the disposal of the extra amount dumped each May is over $5000 dollars!
Trash2Treasure.org has recently been launched in an effort to bring this movement beyond UNH and encourage schools across the country to save literally tons and tons of waste from dorm move-outs.
Hold off on that trip to the box stores for your shower caddy and mini fridge, and when you're here next May, volunteer with them for collections!
Interested?? Join a meeting!
How? Meetings are Thursdays from 7-8pm; check SEAC's facebook page for meeting location announcements (locations vary).
This is a group that is always looking to expand! You will not simply come to meetings and leave, they want everyone to be an interested and active member!
- About Us
- Faculty Scholars
- Task forces
- Ecosystem Task Force
- Energy Task Force
- Sustainable Food System Task Force
- Culture and Sustainability Task Force
- Task Force Ambassadors
- UNH sustainability awards
- Defining Sustainability
- Our Work
- Academic Programs and Courses
- Dual Major in Sustainability
- Liberal Arts & Sustainability Faculty Grants
- Responsible Governance and Sustainable Citizenship Project (RGSCP)
- Study Abroad
- Sustainability Teaching Resources
- Sustainable Student Life
- Commissions on GLBT, Women, People of Color, and People With Disabilities
- Dining & food
- Ecoline & cogeneration
- Energy Efficiency Fund
- Energy saving tips
- Energy use in UNH buildings
- Environmental health & safety
- Green computing
- Greenhouse gas emissions inventories
- Healthy UNH
- Inclusive excellence
- Move Out Recycling & Donations
- Printing & paper
- Virtual energy efficient dorm room
- Waste, recycling & composting
- Water conservation & quality
- WildCAP, UNH's Climate Action Plan
- Campus Carbon Calculator/CarbonMAP
- UNH Faculty Sustainability Course and Research Survey
- Sustainability Research Collaboratory
- UNH Faculty Sustainability Research Inventory
- UNH Programs, Centers and Institutes Related to Sustainability
- UNH Research Office
- Climate Counts
- Climate Fellows Program
- Climate Solutions New England (CSNE)
- Food Solutions New England (FSNE)
- Inter-campus collaboration
- NH Farm to School
- Post Landfill Action Network (PLAN)
- Professional Certificate in Corporate Sustainability
- Sustainability Learning Collaboratives
- Data collection and reporting
- News & Events
- Get involved!
- Calendar of events
- Sustainable Faculty and Staff
- Sustainable Student Life
- Current and past newsletters
- E-News Signup
- Images and photos
- Publications and reports
- Social media
- Videos and podcasts